I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Citi Hilton Reserve Card earns complimentary weekend nights in addition to points and comes with Gold status in the Honors program. Cardpe Diem says to be careful when making changes to those weekend night reservations.
Base Room — Standalone Ocean Villa With Private Pool — at the Conrad Koh Samui
- Beat Basic Economy, Wear Your Luggage Instead (HT: Alan H.)
- TSA employees arrested in cocaine smuggling operation that’s been going on for 18 years, their efforts even predate the TSA itself.
- A man was caught smuggling gold in his rectum when going through customs in Hyderabad, India. He was noticed walking funny. (HT: Alan H.) This has become a very common thing.
- Andrew Nocella, American’s senior vice president of network planning, alliances and sales, Andrew Nocella is leaving for United. This should make American customers marginally happier, and United’s customers less so. AAdvantage reported up to Nocella, a legacy US Airways executive, during its gutting. Nocella’s role at American was somewhat diminished since the summer, with legacy American executive (and former President of AAdvantage) Kurt Stache being moved over to become Senior Vice President of Marketing & Loyalty.
- Drunk passengers attacked airline staff in Kunming, China after learning their flight was delayed due to weather.