News and notes from around the interweb:
- The American Airlines pilots union has voted no confidence in the airline’s leadership. The major effect here is signaling. The unions played a role in bringing US Airways management to power at the airline (among others, including the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation). Pilots can bring down an airline, and did much to damage Tom Horton, by flying ‘work to rule’ and causing significant service disruptions.
- 360 virtual reality view into Cathay Pacific’s “The Pier” first class lounge
- Harrison Ford landed on a taxiway instead of a runway at Orange County airport last night apparently asking, “Was that airliner meant to be underneath me?” “That airliner” appears to have been American Airlines AA1456 to Dallas.
- How to pack so the TSA doesn’t search your stuff (HT: Paul H.)
- How the THAI Airways CFO is trying to revive his nation’s carrier (HT: Daryl W.)
- Are we getting check cashing stores all wrong?
- 3000 free miles for joining Star Alliance member Ethiopian Airlines’ frequent flyer program