News and notes from around the interweb:
- Excellent introduction to what airport lounges are all about by Stephanie Rosenbloom in the New York Times
- Intercontinental Hotels updated its terms and conditions to make it super clear that their top tier Royal Ambassador members aren’t going to be entitled to club lounge access when using points.
Royal Ambassador is great on paid bookings but they genuinely make you feel punished if you ever redeem for a stay.
- JetBlue increased the fee for adding a checked bag to your reservation online or via kiosk
- 35% bonus transferring points from hotel programs into British Airways through March 8.
- 30 years ago PEOPLExpress merged into Continental
- Groundlink and Limos Anywhere have been acquired by Marcou Transportation Group