Hilton has been offering some of the more lucrative promotion earning the past several months and that continues nicely with a new promo that begins February 1.
Registration is going to be required, and the registration page isn’t up yet. However they’ve let me know the details of their offering:
- 2000 bonus points per night with no minimum stays and no limits for which nights of the week
- Available for stays February 1 through April 30
It’s simple and also lucrative.
- Hilton’s normal earning is 10 base points per dollar. An $85 room night earns 850 points. With this offer you’d earn 2850 points for that night which is more than triple points.
- A $200 room night earns 2000 base points, with this offer you’d earn 4000 points. As long as your room nights are $200 or less you are coming out ahead compared to ‘only’ double points.
Now, for most stays this won’t be as nice as double points and a second double for booking via the mobile app and staking a 5000 point bonus for paying with Visa. We’ll have to see whether or not any add-ons come later.
However, it will allow you to earn:
- 10 Base points
- 5 Bonus points for ‘points and points’ earning
- Elite bonus: 5 points per dollar for Diamonds
- 12 Bonus points for credit card spend with the highest Hilton points-earning card
Waldorf Hilton London
I value Hilton points at $0.004 per point, which makes 2000 points worth $8 per night. That’s not a lot, but it’s a bonus on top of your regular earning and in percentage terms it can be a large rebate on the least expensive room rates. It’s sort of the “anti-revenue based promotion.”