Star Alliance member and United partner EgyptAir is offering business class roundtrips between Mumbai and New York for just $1108. Travel must originate in India for this fare.
- Got family or friends in India? This is an amazing opportunity to book travel to the U.S.
- At this price, book a one-way award ticket to India and then buy this fare India back to the U.S. Use the return portion for travel later (and book another one-way award to get home, or buy a one-way back to the US at similar price).
The base fare is just $183 in each direction — business class fares don’t get much cheaper than this.
Key things to know about this fare:
- There’s a 4 day minimum stay
- The last day to start a trip is May 31. Return travel can be later.
- Tickets must be issued by January 31, but the sale may not last that long.
- This is refundable for a $125 fee (goes up to $150 for no show) and changeable for $75 fee.
EgyptAir is a dry airline. It’s not the most modern business class, but One Mile at a Time likes found the seat comfortable as a bed,
In terms of the bed, EgyptAir’s business class seat is virtually identical to Emirates’ 777 business class seat. That’s to say that it’s technically not quite fully flat, but damn close. However, given that planes are at a nose-up angle at cruise, I’d say it’s fully flat, for all practical purposes.
I’m someone who is very sensitive to angled seats, but I found it very comfortable in the reclined position.
Taj Palace Hotel Mumbai
(HT: Secret Flying)