News and notes from around the interweb:
- Travel tip: get a master key when you book multiple hotel rooms
- I wonder how Delta’s customers in New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles feel about this from the airline’s earnings call on Thursday.
Ed Bastian praising the incoming Trump administration’s commentary on infrastructure.
Bastian – “We’re excited for the opportunity to discuss the Middle Eastern situation.”
Translation: “We’re excited for the opportunity to hold customers over the barrel”
Delta executives haven’t been able to control their excitement over Donald Trump seeing his protectionism as an opportunity to limit customer choices and raise fares.
- The reason planes dim their lights during takeoff and landing
- Interview with the CEO of Iran Air
Iran Air A300, Copyright: rebius / 123RF Stock Photo
- I was reminded yesterday that British Airways once advertised itself as “the world’s most civilized airline.” And it struck me funny now that British Airways is charging for food and drinks in economy on short haul flights, you can no longer get complimentary tea on British Airways even if you bring your own tea bag.
- Watch lightning strike a Boeing 747 earlier this month enroute from Moscow to Sochi