News and notes from around the interweb:
- You can now earn Delta miles for Jet Airways flights, with redemption coming March 1
- The 90% off all award tickets deal of the year was ended early (no shock there, it was 90% off all awards in economy, business, and first) but Garuda Indonesia will honor awards already on hold.
- Two weeks ago I posted a quick 250 free Aeroplan points, a quick and easy way to keep your points alive. The offer is still available. Some commenters were skeptical it was real, and the offer said points wouldn’t post for 6-8 weeks, but mine have already posted:
- You’ve never seen passengers this excited for an upgrade. Especially since British Airways intra-Europe business class has legroom that’s pretty close to Spirit Airlines.
- British Airways will still offer complimentary cold (potable) water on short haul flights out of London, but will charge £2.30 for hot water. That way you can’t bring your own tea bags and get away with not paying for inflight tea.
- Smaller bathrooms on planes pose challenges for passengers
- Former TSA Administrator Kip Hawley thinks PreCheck passengers should all be subjected to nude-o-scopes which at least until earlier this year ruled to have been deployed by the TSA illegally.