News and notes from around the interweb:
- Reminder: the DC frequent traveler meetup is Monday
- The lobbying group for Delta, American and United against Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad can’t wait for Donald Trump and his protectionism to make the case for higher prices and fewer choices for American consumers after having lost their case to the Obama administration.
Emirates Airbus A380 Business Class Bar
- Future of free wine and entertainment in doubt for Asian airlines
- Hotels without desks have consequences of biblical proportions: Marriott’s Moxy and Edition hotels will no longer provide the Bible or Book of Mormon in rooms because “the religious books don’t fit the personality of the brands” but it may be because “newer hotel brands install shelves rather than nightstands with drawers next to the bed..”
[T]he percentage of hotels that offer religious materials in rooms has dropped significantly over the last decade, from 95% of hotels in 2006 to 48% this year.
- Virgin Australia dinged 3 737s in 2 days
- What happens when airport staff stop picking up after us in photos
Trash Bags Being Removed from an Arriving Emirates A380