News and notes from around the interweb:
- San Francisco airport introduces first therapy pig
- Why being broke is the best time to travel. There are many things in life that have been harder to do — because of increasing opportunity costs — as I’ve gotten older and more secure.
- Guessing credit card security details
- 198 American Airlines pilots are getting double pay for the holidays
- Qantas will be providing Los Angeles club agents with a refresher in first class lounge access rules
Qantas First Class Lounge, Sydney
- Why people in the UAE don’t speak Arabic
- Based on data from London here’s when Airbnb hosts discount their properties:
[H]osts start trimming their asking prices at around 15 days to go, with discounts getting larger until six days out.
15 days – 5% off
10 days – 10% off
6 days – 18% off