News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cyprus Airways reborn. An airline co-owned by Russia’s S7 Group paid €2 million to license the name for a decade. The previous Cyprus Airways, which I flew years ago on Alitalia codeshare in business class Milan – Cyprus – Rome as part of arguably the greatest mistake fare of all time, shut down after the European Commission ruled that illegal government subsidies had to be repaid but they didn’t have the funds to do so.
- Crazy story of inflight theft of a Macbook, keep your eye on your computer at all times.
- Consumer open and read patterns for travel provider emails
- 14 convicted in Air France bosses’ ripped-shirt case
- National Car Rental’s 1-2-Free promotion which I call the best regular promotion in the rental car industry has been extended. Instead of ending January 31 it will run through February 28.
- Is American Airlines starting a new service to take on SpaceX.. with regional jets?? Ooops. (HT: @JustinBachman)