News and notes from around the interweb:
- Podcast interview of Southwest Airlines co-founder Herb Kelleher (HT: Jerry B.)
- 30% of passengers on a Brussels Airlines flight removed for unruly behavior. 41 people allegedly drunk and behaving badly on a Brussels – Alicante flight. Forty one.
Copyright: sikaraha / 123RF Stock Photo
- Ashton Kutcher offers a full-throated defense of Airbnb (he’s an investor) and Gwyneth Paltrow likes it too.
- Gogo has been throttling inflight internet speeds for passengers taking advantage of the 1 free hour per flight for T-mobile customers
- Did you know that highway rest stops cannot be commercialized, even by the states they’re in? The federal government wants to take down “I Love New York” signs, too.
- Is Emirates getting ready to launch premium economy? Of greater interest to me, “Emirates CEO Tim Clark is expected to sign off next month on all-new first class suites for the Airbus A380 and Boeing 777-300ER, ahead of a late 2017 debut for the luxe cribs.”
- Uber will let you leave compliments for a driver in addition to giving them a star rating