News and notes from around the interweb:
- More people want to stay in Trump hotels now that he was elected President. But the increase comes from people who didn’t even know he had hotels, and a majority of Americans don’t want to stay at the eponymous properties.
- Warren Buffet is long American, Delta, United, and Southwest. This from the man who famously said, “If a capitalist had been present at Kitty Hawk back in the early 1900s, he should have shot Orville Wright. He would have saved his progeny money.”
Berkshire Hathaway said in a regulatory filing that it owned $797 million of American shares, $249 million of Delta shares and $238 million of United shares as of Sept. 30. Buffett on Monday told CNBC that Berkshire has also invested in Southwest, but the amount was not disclosed because it came after the Sept. 30 filing period.
- St. Louis airport wants a contract lounge perhaps the next location for ‘The Club’ or other Priority Pass-accessible location.
- What should you do when you find cocaine in your hotel room safe?
- Chase makes it easier to track bonus spend
- 9 regrettable airline slogans