News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel guests spent a night with a corpse under their bed
- If you book on Airbnb and your host cancels, you may be pretty much just out of luck
- With the departure of Emirates’ last Airbus A330 their fleet is now nothing but Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s. However they do codeshare with a bus Seattle – Vancouver (HT: Point Me to the Plane)
- United will sell you bonus elite qualifying miles in conjunction with a flight. Although for the past 6 years United status has expired at the end of January (so status earned in 2016 for 2017 runs through January 31, 2018), they appear to be telling customers that if they spend money to buy up towards status that status will run through February. That is, of course, false. United status lasts though January, or until February, not through February.
- How Etihad uses cabin lighting as subtle destination marketing
- For those of you into private jet travel, and as winter approaches, de-icing usually isn’t included in your price quote..