News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel workers’ union gave $100,000 to management fighting Airbnb
- Last week flydubai launched a true revenue-based frequent flyer program, with base earning of 1 point per US dollar spent. None of this futzing around with a pseudo-program, going mostly revenue based but trying to obscure it from your customers with earnings that are multiples per dollar or percentages of miles flown.
- American Airlines flight attendants union shocked to learn that fabrics have chemicals
- United holiday shopping bonus up to 5000 miles
- Richard Anderson, who until recently was Chairman and CEO of Delta, has been a major Hillary Clinton donor. Now he has an op-ed endorsing her.
- Not sure how I missed it earlier in the month, but Airbus finally removed 107 plane orders from its books this year from Kingfisher, the Indian airline which ceased flight operations in October 2012. Aircraft manufacturer order book numbers are so often fantasy…
- Anthony Bourdain on Houston