News and notes from around the interweb:
- Were there snakes on this Garuda Indonesia plane? The airline claims it was just ‘legless lizards’…
- Delta’s oil refinery on track for $100 million full-year 2016 loss
- So this is odd, but also kind of cool. Hyatt House and Hyatt Place has a contest where they will give away free nights and custom statues of you. They’re calling business travelers ‘silent heroes’ who shouldn’t have to settle and they want you to nominate someone for their “#WhySettle Spirit Awards” by October 25.
#WhySettle Spirit Award recipients will have a chance to win a personalized, modern-day take on the classic statue – created in their likeness using cutting-edge 3D technology – as well as a free two-night stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel within the continental United States.
Visit the Hyatt Place or Hyatt House Facebook pages and share your nominee’s name along with the hashtags #WhySettle and #Entry with an explanation not to exceed 300 words for why your nominee embodies the passion and commitment of the “why settle” spirit.
- Congratulations to American Airlines flight attendant Taylor Tippett!
- What does it take to earn comped drinks at Vegas casinos?
- Increasingly common: Italians don’t seem to like being reviewed on TripAdvisor. (Credit: Larry M.)
- The Alaska-Virgin America merger hadn’t closed yet, but last week Alaska’s mobile app gave you the opportunity to enter your Virgin America Elevate account number already. (HT: Isaac C.)
- An Emirates first class video trip report remix with Jennifer Aniston, oh and watching Friends inflight. From God Save the Points