News and notes from around the interweb:
- Enter my giveaway for a Ritz-Carlton stay. It makes for an amazing Doha stopover…
- Atlantic city council member wants better-designed airport restrooms and a pony.
- Radpad will no longer process rent payments
- On Sunday Alaska Airlines removed a passenger who catcalled a flight attendant during the safety demonstration. Because locker room talk or no, it’s not appropriate. In India the passenger could have been prosecuted for outraging the modesty of a woman which doesn’t seem exactly right either. I think Alaska struck the best balance here.
- Etihad will increase to daily service on Dallas – Abu Dhabi next year. This is already a good flight for premium cabin award availability.
- DFW airport now claims to be carbon neutral. Many of its projects are laudable, but the claim itself is somewhat strained since it relies unquestioningly on the value of ‘carbon offsets’ and ‘renewable energy certificates’ — i.e. a belief that they can give money to someone else and that money really helps the environment as much or more.
- Hyatt’s Concourse Hotel LAX has been rebranded a Hyatt Regency. I always had expected it to become part of a Hyatt un-brand.