News and notes from around the interweb:
- Special lounge access that Qantas and Virgin Australia give to politicians. As they say, “it’s good to be king.”
- How the FBI pressures visitors entering the US to become informers
- Wyndham’s credit card now comes with Platinum elite status but has reduced earning rates for spend. Wyndham’s elite program is brand new.
- Indian airline IndiGo has decided to offer quiet areas onboard which won’t permit children under 12.
- Italian escapes punishment for smoking inflight by claiming he didn’t understand the announcement. I wonder how many people start with the assumption that it’s permissible to smoke inflight and only don’t do it when they receive inflight instructions not to?
- LAX in 1954: