News and notes from around the interweb:
- 25% discount on doing Disney like a real VIP
Copyright: bwzenith / 123RF Stock Photo
- Up to 10,000 Delta SkyMile offer for new members with addresses outside the US who take an international flight within 6 months of joining.
Earn 10,000 bonus miles for Delta OneTM, First Class or Business Class service (F, P, A, G, J, C, D, I, Z) or 5,000 bonus miles for Main Cabin (W, Y, B, M, S, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V E) for your first round-trip on any Delta-operated and -marketed flight worldwide. A qualifying flight includes any Delta or Delta Connection® carrier flight. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection carriers are excluded from this offer. Applies only to round-trip flights purchased with a fare that is eligible for mileage accrual.
- When Etihad invested in Alitalia – which was a mess of an airline no one has ever made work, and everyone has lost their shirt on – the Italian government apparently promised to allow Milan-Linate airport to be used for long distance flights and to provide subsidies in the form of tourism-promotion advertising. But they didn’t deliver.
He wants out from under restrictions that came from Air France’s prior investment in Alitalia:
There are other elements that we have inherited from the past such as the pre-existing agreement with Air France and Delta which restricts the network development of Alitalia. We believe Alitalia should be a much stronger transatlantic airline between the US and Italy, not just Rome and Malpensa but other Italian cities too.
My favorite line of the interview with Etihad head James Hogan, “You don’t go on strike for the sake of just going on strike.”
- 7 Rules Road Warriors Should Never Break I’d only disagree with number 7 “Tip better and tip often” although I do like giving Starbucks gift cards to airline and hotel employees. Tipping is strange, especially when you’re in a city you don’t visit often, when it’s done after service with someone you’re unlikely to see again I’ve never quite understood how it’s going to get you a better experience.
- American Airlines “set up a call center for flight attendants who are having allergic reactions to the new uniforms”
- Etihad is introducing Christian Lacroix-branded amenity kits with Omorovicza replacing Le Labo toiletries.
Current Etihad Amenity Kit