News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn 1000 British Airways Avios for earning points with a new partner and what’s even more interesting is that the offer is available for both BA’s Avios and for generic Avios.
British Airways First Class
- 50% off Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer redemptions on SilkAir flights redeem by October 16 for travel through November 15.
- Visa will let merchants micro-target advertising and connect it to sales performance. (Free 14 day subscription required)
Visa is collaborating with Oracle to help merchants find out if digital advertising is influencing consumer purchases online and in stores. The service, called “Advertising solutions,” reveals whether or not a Visa card purchase was made following an ad view on mobile, display, video and social channels.
“We can say ‘of these ten thousand people who got the ad, 6% made a purchase in your store, the average transaction was X and the average time between seeing the ad and making a purchase was X,'” said Mike Lemberger, senior vice president of loyalty and data solutions at Visa.
- SkyTeam has a new system to let you claim missing miles from partner flights more easily
- I couldn’t make it to an Andaz celebratory event in New York on Tuesday night. Will Run for Miles, though, was there.
- CFPB issues new rules for prepaid cards