News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel Tonight’s new loyalty program
- My advice on how to save money on rental cars in the New York Times.
- Women experiencing gender discrimination at 35,000 feet
- United will delay implementation of Basic Economy fares for a few months
In August, United had told airport workers the airline planned to launch the fare in late September, with customers starting to fly on it in mid-October.
But the airline has since told airport workers the new fare has been delayed for “several months,” blaming “changes in the Budget Economy fare product.”
- Woman drunk messaged London Gatwick airport
- For part of this week United wasn’t serving alcohol at its Newark clubs. There were issues with the alcohol license. Scott Mayerowitz has the back story and apparently United was serving liquor without a valid license for some months.
- A former housekeeper at the Park Hyatt Vendome won 57,000 euros after a guest molested her