I do not have a direct link for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. While I've gathered information on the product myself, it was neither provided nor reviewed by Chase.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways is introducing new dedicated security at London Heathrow for first class and oneworld emerald customers
- Preview of Delta’s new Concourse B SkyClub in Atlanta. They had a pre-opening party on Wednesday. Can you guess why I wasn’t on the invite list? 😉
- Consumer Reports on whether premium credit cards are worth the high fees?
The major draws are introductory offers, travel credits, and other noncash perks whose value can be difficult to measure. “These cards can certainly be worth it, but you have to take a careful look,” says Gary Leff, a travel blogger at viewfromthewing.com.
Leff cites the 100,000-point sign-up bonus for the new Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which has received huge buzz in its first month on the market and isn’t yet in our Credit Card Adviser database. “The minimum value of that is $1,500” when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, Leff says.
…Leff says that the lounge networks used by the high-priced cards we compared don’t have lounges in all of the airport and terminals you may be flying through. And they tend not to include the lounges of the major U.S. carriers, such as American’s Admirals Club and Delta’s Sky Club. The Priority Pass Select directory, however, does list five Alaska Airlines Board Room lounges.
- As if Brazil’s airlines didn’t have problems enough with their nation’s economy, Ireland has been ruled a tax haven…
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General complains the TSA isn’t wasting resources and your time, and infringing on your liberties enough, when you travel by means other than plane.
- Now that Citibank is no longer suing AT&T over using the word ‘thanks’ AT&T is promoting their new program. The email I received from them promoted ‘gold benefits’ but the word gold doesn’t appear on the linked page and there doesn’t appear to be an elite program..?