News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hyatt is offering 500 points for bookings made through their app and completed between September 1 and November 30. I hate promotions that exclude prior bookings, if you have a reservation you made before September 1 you’d need to cancel and rebook to earn this bonus. Not generous enough to get you to make a Hyatt stay you wouldn’t have otherwise, but enough to get you to make a booking through the app you would have made anyway, which is presumably the point to boost adoption of their mobile app.
- The Washington Dulles Dulles Day Festival is Saturday and if you’re in the area you can pull a plane..
I’d Rather Pull a Dulles Mobile Lounge
- That time an airline CFO used internet porn as a defense in court
- Air New Zealand passengers learn their flight wasn’t ‘BYOB’
- The future of Delta’s Salt Lake City hub
- Travel metasearch site Hipmunk is being acquired by corporate expense management giant Concur (HT: Reid F.) I don’t think there’s a story where anyone will expect this to make Hipmunk better.