News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hot airfare: New York to Thailand, Indonesia, or Vietnam from $471 roundtrip
- From a proponent of revenue-based frequent flyer program changes, “Gary Leff, meanwhile, is much more blunt”
- Retail bank economics, or why Wells Fargo was so aggressive at cross-selling that over 5000 employees were ultimately fired for creating over 2 million fake accounts.
- I was on Marketplace explaining what’s up with this Basic Economy and Comfort+ thing. Lots of gradations in the coach cabin at Delta, with American and United heading the same way soon.
- There’s a new menu at the American Express Centurion Lounge Houston.
- Are Boeing 787-9 flights from April 2 onward blocking seats to begin selling premium economy? Up through then elites can reserve these seats (which are like domestic first clsas plus a foot rest or foot bar) as though they were extra legroom seats.
- Delta elites flying economy lose access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at London Heathrow