News and notes from around the interweb:
- The World’s Worst Airline is introducing a new high-end premium service called ‘Pakistan Premier’. The Prime Minister of the country introduced it. They’re so proud of… leasing a SriLankan aircraft, and operating flights on that aircraft with SriLankan crews, not PIA crews.
Boeing 777 on Approach to New York JFK in 2014, Copyright zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- Southwest Airlines has been known to kick off passengers whose attire they deem inappropriate (‘too sexy’). Virgin America says all passengers are welcome.
Credit: Reddit user deftones1
- How to maximize travel rewards points and perks for your family.
- United unloaded a dog crate upside down. (HT: Pat B.) I don’t travel with my dog often and haven’t in several years but I’m grateful he’s small enough that he can travel in cabin when I’ve had to.
- People who appeared to transfer points into their Virgin America accounts in order to have balances to match to JetBlue are being emailed a discount for their next Virgin America flight.
- What’s up with the Kazakhstan-based Air Astana’s inflight product?