News and notes from around the interweb:
- A simple hack to get Hyatt to show points prices alongside rates in its search results
- 25% off JetBlue awards booked by Thursday.
- Ultra low cost carrier Allegiant is updating its livery and letting employees pick. They’re buying new Airbus A320s.
- In defense of drinking in airports. (A reasonable counterpoint to this.)
At least 442 people were arrested in the UK for drunken airport loutery between 2014 and 2016. Annoying, sure. But let’s give this some perspective: in 2014 alone, British airport terminals handled 238 million passengers. That’s one raving vomity lush per 538,461 passengers. Banning airport boozing because of this infinitesimal few would be a colossal overreaction.
- The man arrested for refusing to stop doing yoga on a United flight received time served (13 days) and must pay United Airlines $44,000. United could donate it to a yoga charity, maybe?
- Alaska Airlines shopping portal bonus up to 1500 points for $750 online shopping spend by August 14. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Paypal class action settlement for frozen or suspended accounts. Some folks will get up to $440.