News and notes from around the interweb:
- Donald Trump’s winery is better than you’d expect
- How to survive a plane crash (and these important tips).
- How to land a passenger jet without any flight controls (HT: Paul H.) A recreation of the 1989 Sioux City crash of United flight 232.
- If you ever want a plane to stop and let you off, don’t do this: jumping on the flight attendant service cart while shouting pro-ISIS slogans. You’re sure to divert, but also wind up in police custody.
- New ancillary fee: Air Canada to start charging for emotional baggage next year
- Bold claim about a new best hotel in Europe (HT: Alan H.)
- Last week a man proposed to his girlfriend on an easyJet flight to Mallorca. They were given free champagne and got to visit the cockpit on arrival. As it is you need to do a lot more than just ask inflight to be original. And promising an easyjet future may not be the best way to make the case.