News and notes from around the interweb:
- 5000 Marriott points for a home solar consultation (and 25,000 more if you buy)
- I can only imagine what member complaint may have led to this change… IHG Rewards Club “and do not stay” into the following paragraph in their terms and conditions:
IHG® Rewards Club members who cancel their Reward Night reservation and do not stay will have their points used for that reservation re-deposited into the member’s IHG® Rewards Club account, and may be subjected to a processing fee.
- The TSA broke runner Emma Coburn’s Olympic trials medal. But they’re sorry.
- Here’s an Airbus A350 making what appears to the eye to be a nearly vertical takeoff. Pretty cool. (HT: Martin H.)
- Watch a plane drop phos-chek to fight a sage fire. (HT: Tocqueville)
- NBA star Lamar Odom was kicked off a Delta flight after drinking so much in the LAX Delta SkyClub that he threw up in the galley prior to departure. (HT: Flyertalk)
- The director of commercials like Wendy’s “Where the Beef?” has been inducted into the American Advertising Hall of Fame. Joe Sedelmaier made Alaska Airlines ads in the 1980s and 90s as well.