News and notes from around the interweb:
- Wine in a can is coming to an airport near you! (Just don’t try to drink your BYO booze onboard.)
- Apparently cheeseburgers come in cans, too.
- Delta’s bold-faced distortions about air traffic control
- Airline-airport speed dating
- Virgin America is offering a 50% points bonus on flights booked and flown July 6 through August 31. Registration required.
- Drunk grandma accused seatmate of being member of ISIS. Remind me why airlines serve alcohol again?
- La Quinta’s co-brand credit card has a 45,000 point signup offer. I recall reading the story of how the chain got its name in the autobiography of Southwest Airlines’ founding President Lamar Muse.
…to furnish his inns [founder Sam Barshop] had gone to the Furniture Mart in Dallas and found that Mexican-style furniture was the least expensive. To match the furnishings, his inns had to have a Mexican-sounding name, and he came up with La Quinta, just because it sounded cute…