News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest appears to be targeting some members with California addresses and Colorado addresses (perhaps others) for a fast track offer to get a companion pass.
- Woman caused a 7 hour flight delay because she decided she needed a divorce immediately. She said she needed to ‘change her relationship status’ but isn’t that what inflight wifi is for?
- United shopping portal bonus
- Measuring the Value of the Trump Name in Casino Gambling
- How champagne became the drink of kings
- Just another reason why the Cuban tourism boom isn’t ready for prime time: the energy shortage:
Bank and currency exchange house workers said their vehicle fuel allotments had been cut and they are using air conditioning just three hours during the eight-hour workday. Some government workplaces have suspended bus service for employees and reassigned drivers to other tasks.
There’s a reason people thought that Cuban refugees tried to flee the country by hanging onto Air Force One.
- Inside the UK Prime Minister’s plane. Business class looks weak, like the American and Delta 767 seat. They could’ve at least gone with reverse herringbone… but then it’s not like the UK Prime Minister will be doing much sleeping for the next several years.