News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air France Embraer ERJ-170 pilot became incapacitated during climb out above 10,000 feet
- Singapore Airlines is introducing bidding for upgrades
- Not a huge bonus, but it’s from a bank you probably don’t already have a card from: TD Bank’s US offer of 25,000 Air Canada Aeroplan miles after $1000 spend, $0 annual fee the first year.
- American Express class action settlement for changes in APR. The lawyers always make out best in these, but readers can attest to the hundreds of dollars they’ve received for easy signup.
- Paris airports now have a loyalty program similar to Heathrow Rewards
- Reports are that to combat crowding during renovation of D concourse lounges, American Airlines Admirals Club members can use the E Concourse premium lounge in Miami which used to be an American club but is now for oneworld passengers (and American club members usually one departing from that concourse). There’s real food and self-serve liquor.