News and notes from around the interweb:
- Test Driving The New United Airlines Domestic First Class Seat
- Air France will buy you dinner when you arrive in France if you book tickets by Thursday. (HT: No Mas Coach)
- Melbourne airport has completed a 3 month trial of self-boarding gates for international flights.
- Iran Air may not really want the Airbus A380s they’ve reportedly ordered. Y’think?
- Chipotle’s new rewards program starts July 1 (HT Bryan)
The program’s rewards reset at the start of every month and have three levels. Customers who buy a meal costing more than $6 at least four times in one calendar month reach the “mild” level, which gets you one free burrito. Eight visits in one month unlocks the “medium” level and a prize of two free burritos. Eleven visits in a month gets you to “hot” status and three free burritos. Free entrees earned can count as qualifying purchases.
Then there are bonus rewards for achieving status in all three months of the program. Three consecutive “mild” months earns you one more free entree. “Medium” status in all three months gets you $20 in Chipotle swag. “Hot” status in all three months earns a catered meal for 20 of your closest friends. As if that weren’t complex enough, you can get a rewards card at a restaurant, but you have to register online to redeem the rewards.
- Jimmy Kimmel’s new Trump Hotels commercial designed to combat a falloff in bookings as a result of The Donald’s campaign for President. (“We want your business, not your birth certificate”)