News and notes from around the interweb:
- What are some things hotel staff won’t tell you? (Some of these comments are relatively recent, others old, some more broadly true than others. HT: Alan H.)
Why are throw pillows called “throw pillows”?
Because you throw them.
Off the bed.
Onto the floor.
And they aren’t washed in between guests.
- Cathay Pacific sued for failing to watch an unaccompanied minor
- ThanksAgain, the program that lets you earn points for your spend at airports (whose CEO I interviewed last month), now lets you use redeem their points for the cost of TSA PreCheck
- Understatement: “Start-Ups Selling Seats on Private Jets Don’t Always Make It”
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals Rules that Accessing a Credit Card Magnetic Strip is not a Search
- Uber says they’re profitable in hundreds of cities (on an EBITDA basis) even though they lose money overall.
- Starbucks now integrates with Microsoft Outlook for scheduling out of office meetings. (HT: Sophia H.)