News and notes from around the interweb:
- WATCH: This amazing review of British Airways first class in 360 degree virtual reality
- LAST CHANCE: Easily (and quickly) enter my giveaway for 3 nights with premium view and club lounge access at the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, one of my favorites in Southeast Asia. (Thanks to Luxury Travel Diary for the contest.)
- GET PAID TO EARN MILES: There’s now a 30,000 mile + $100 statement credit signup bonus offer for the Alaska Airlines Visa
- THERE IS NO GREAT STAGNATION: B/E Aerospace has patented a way to charge your mobile devices via an aircraft’s window.
- WORKAROUND: For everyone emailing asking how to see American Airlines seatmaps since it’s no longer showing up on the website outside of the booking path… bookmark this.
- NOW I’M GOING TO DISNEYLAND… I hit the jackpot. Starwood just extended their targeted double elite qualifying promotion for me.
- ‘WORK’ IN THE STRICTEST SENSE ONLY: How budget airlines work, a simple explanation of the ultra low cost carriers (HT: Sam S.)