News and notes from around the interweb:
- Not the Onion: In many cities around the world Uber will be introducing UberPITCH where you tap a button and a car shows up with an investor inside. You get to drive around and pitch your entrepreneurial idea for seven minutes.
- Not Priceline: People’s Viennaline is offering passengers ‘name your own price between Altenrhein and Vienna
Dubbed “You machsch de Pris!” (literally ‘You Name The Price!’), the promotion runs from May 23 through to October 29 and applies to flights PE 104 (departing Altenrhein 1435L; arrival Vienna 1535L) and PE 103 (departing Vienna 1240L; arrival Altenrhein 1340L).
Tickets for the two flights will be available at self-determined prices one hour before departure at ticket offices at Altenrhein and Vienna airports.
- How to Use Citi Price Rewind to Save Money Easily!
- With Uber and Lyft pushed out of Austin, the city is “encourag[ing] people to break the laws they wrote” to replace the ridesharing services. Oh, and Austin wants to regulate Tinder now, too.
- Delta introducing new economy buy on board concept starting June 1
- In-depth interview with Emirates’ US director of sales
- A mobile phone battery overheated and caused smoke on a Dallas – Syndey flight while Northeast of Fiji. While relatively rare this remains an underexplored issue.
Cabin crew identified a mobile phone battery as source of the smoke, cooled the battery down and secured it. The flight continued to Sydney for a safe landing.