News and notes from around the interweb:
- Time to register for Starwood’s new promotion Triple Up
- For reservations made by May 31 and stays through August 31, Le Club Accorhotels is offering up to 6000 bonus points.
- A map of wireless passwords from airports and lounges around the world (HT: Chua J.)
- Starbucks is being sued for putting too much ice in their drinks so a 24 ounce drink doesn’t really have 24 ounces of drink. Starbucks, though, says:
“Our customers understand and expect that ice is an essential component of any ‘iced’ beverage,” a spokeswoman for the Seattle-based company said. “If a customer is not satisfied with their beverage preparation, we will gladly remake it.”
- Delta lost $4 billion over the past 8 years on fuel hedging. Anyone want to argue with me that they’ve been as much complex derivatives trading firm as airline (and not a very good one at that)?
- Earn 15,000 mile with a single Etihad flight via their BusinessConnect program’s signup offer.
- I fly 747s for a living. Here are the amazing things I see every day.
Here’s Paul Kelly’s classic Sydney from a 727 performed as as ‘Sydney from a 747’