News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines clubs at Dallas Fort-Worth no longer make you buy food in order to get an alcoholic drink on Sundays. Apparently since there’s now some free food in the lounge, they’re able to satisfy local (backward) liquor laws.
- Today’s Daily Getaways offer comes from Avis, including a year of Chairmans Club status. There are only 15 available, starting at 1pm Eastern today. Given the $1115 price they may not go right away, but some will find incredible value. If you rent a lot of cars consider having cars delivered to you and picked up from you, skipping the bus back to the terminal and being driven back in your vehicle. Also best car on the lot excluding specialty vehicles.
- Colorado considering letting tourists buy more pot
- Cambodia has train service again
- No fee Visa gift cards from AAA
- Air India’s 40% award redemption discount
- Emirates shows off their new narrow (2-3-2) short (only 72 inches from seatback to seatback) business class seat that will appear on new Boeing 777s delivered from November onward… while existing 777s will keep their angled business class product. What was it about Gulf carriers investing impossibly in their products thanks to subsidies, again?