News and notes from around the interweb:
- Study: Traveling Leads to More Sex, Weight Loss, and Feeling Younger
- Three passengers were hospitalized when an Air Canada Express flight from Goose Bay damaged its landing gear on arrival at Gander.
- FAA orders fix to GE engines on Boeing 787s to prevent inflight shutdowns.
- Passengers mutinied when a Tijuana – Guadalajara flight diverted to Hermosillo for a medical emergency
A medical emergency turned into a passenger mutiny when a pilot attempted to turn a Guadalajara-bound flight back around following an emergency landing Thursday night.
- EMV chip credit card transactions take an annoying long time while you stand and wait versus just swiping a card. Already there’s talk of needing a technology upgrade. (HT: Alan H.)
- For United’s 90th anniversary they’re giving away 90,000 miles to 90 people. Entering is easy.
United’s livery of my youth. By Torsten Maiwald, GFDL 1.2, via Wikimedia Commons
- Troubled aircraft seat manufacturer Zodiac – whom American Airlines dropped and sued over the slow pace of deliveries — could be an acquisition target.
American Airlines 777-200 Seat. Conversions Have Seen Delays Because of Zodiac’s Inability to Deliver Seats.