News and notes from around the interweb:
- The ordeal of Air Canada passengers suffering a 24 hour delay in Tokyo and sleeping at baggage claim
- “AA, Look for AM lite bites to be replaced with plated morning items (yogurt, breakfast cake, and something else)..” (I’m just glad that the “P.M. Lite Bites” aren’t shrink-wrapped ‘sandwiches’ anymore.)
- A 250,000 point credit card signup bonus. Targeted, and requires $55,000 in spend.
- Has Uber overtaken rental cars for business travel? (HT: Alan H.)
- Australian consumer show has a very Aussie take on online travel sites versus booking hotels direct. (HT: Tnooz)
- Riding the Pyongyang metro escalator “accompanied by revolutionary anthem and the noticeable silence of commuters” (HT: JohnnyJet)