News and notes from around the interweb:
- American, Delta, and United are tweaking their new pricing strategy (that you can beat easily).
- Behind the scenes at a hotel hosting an NBA team (HT: Brandon S.)
- LAX plan could give Delta access to twice as many gates (leapfrogging United and American)
- 49 people were killed in a tragic TransAsia crash in 2014. Investigators blame both the pilots of the aircraft, who died in the crash, and air traffic controllers. “The pilots will not be prosecuted…”
- Top 10 airlines for revenue and profit in 2015. Note that the 4 airlines with the greatest profit in the world are the 4 largest US airlines.
The top 3 are the ones that want to the government to raise airfare prices and lower consumer choices by limiting flights to the US by Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar. Note also that those 3 US airlines claimed (with a fraudulent paper) that Emirates isn’t a viable business. It’s one of the 10 most profitable airlines in the world..
Credit: Airline Weekly