News and notes from around the interweb:
- The next Frequent Traveler University – Advanced has been announced. I won’t be there but many of you will have interest.
- Delta’s Diamond Global Upgrades are now valid for most fares on Delta-coded KLM flights
- American now serves Woodford Reserve whiskey onboard. Delta flyers seem to like it, although it’s not really in my repertoire.
- New play honors the 1989 crash of United flight 232
- Strangest delay ever? No ‘no smoking’ signs in the British Airways lavatories.
- 250 free Avios for ‘pre-registering’ for Aer Lingus’ new loyalty program. You just have to give your name and email address. Presumably these Avios will ultimately be transferable to British Airways or Iberia.
- TSA paid $1.4 million for their iPad app that randomly displays left and right arrows. (HT: Joe H.)
- My comments on Boom Bust about Alaska Airlines’ acquisition of Virgin America, revenue-based frequent flyer programs, and Alaska’s Mileage Plan.