News and notes from around the interweb:
- How American Airlines won twitter
- Marriott’s new cash and points awards (the real kind, not just ‘combining paid and award nights into a single reservation’) are now bookable.
- You can get a free Cameroon transit visa on arrival. Who knew? I’ll file that one away, and probably never ever (ever..) need it.
- Truly bizarre. Someone is claiming that my post on the Brussels airport bombing came two days before the bombing actually happened and is thus proof of (and that I was complicit in) a false flag operation. That’s a first for me. I’m genuinely shocked. Do I need to say this isn’t true, that I wrote my post after waking up to the horror on Tuesday?
- Speaking of conspiracy theories, is it wrong to wonder if timing of American’s announcement of profit sharing for most employees (after Delta paid out the biggest profit sharing in US history) has the added benefit of being a message to Delta pilots, making it harder for the airline to reduce the profit sharing component of a new contract? #DogWhistle
- Atlanta Airport’s Dramatic Terminal Overhaul (HT: Tocqueville)