News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines is testing self-tagging permanent electronic bag tags that get scanned at the airport and that you track via mobile app. They’re hardly the category leader here of course, see for instance the Qantas Q Bag Tag.
- To butcher Yakov Smirnoff, in business class, seat remembers you!
- Citibank is eliminating 5x points earning for restaurants, music, movies and books from legacy Forward cards. Cards will earn double points in those categories effective June 4.
- How LAX airport spends its money
- San Diego airport wants to open a drive through full service coffee shop. Because people go to the airport in order to catch cars to their destination. Or something.
- Shanghai-based Juneyao Airlines will an airline alliance this year and it’s rumored to be Star.
- Watch a United Express regional jet get tossed around prior to touchdown in Oklahoma City winds.