News and notes from around the interweb:
- Two new Charles Schwab American Express cards will debut next week: a no fee card, and a branded Platinum card that offers annual fee credits based on the value of your Schwab account.
- Ohio’s tourism board is going to spend $8 million advertising itself to… residents of its own state. At least Ohioans already have a propensity to travel to Ohio, I imagine.
- United has declared London and Mexico City its best lounges internationally and Denver and Houston with the best domestic clubs. Internal metrics show Washington Dulles as the most-improved.
- Amtrak will now sell business class passengers lounge access for $20 in Boston and Philadelphia.
- “After earning a fortune in airline miles, I’ve figured out the economics of exactly how to spend them” (HT: Dan R.)
- Here are two more videos of the flydubai 737 crash in Russia that I hadn’t seen earlier. It may just be the optics of the video, but it appears like the plane is going to quickly and almost straight down.