News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin America already has the best domestic first class product on routes outside of premium transcons (where major carriers generally offer flat bed seats). In about 18 months they’ll retrofit to an even better product across their whole fleet. No dedicated subfleet for San Francisco – New York and similar, no flat beds, but the gap between Virgin America and other airlines in domestic first will grow. (And their food is better, too.)
- Hyatt’s IT woes continue. I’m pretty sure I am not currently in the midst of a 187 year stay at the Grand Hyatt Bangkok.
- Seattle’s airport expansion plans: “We are growing like a weed, basically” which is an odd way to put it since weeds are usually undesirable and you want to yank them out or use weed-suppressing mulch…
- The free simulator app that teaches you how to deal with airplane emergencies (HT: Paul H.)
- What airplane toilets do with your waste (HT: Paul H.)
- Time lapse of Houston Hobby’s international terminal construction.