News and notes from around the interweb:
- Giveaway of private jet flights
- Qatar is launching 14 new destinations including Doha – Auckland, the longest route in the world, and Doha – Atlanta for spite. Those expressing shock would do well to recall the many routes US airlines have operated for reasons other than profit. I recall United 1/2 round the world flights that included Delhi – London and Delhi – Hong Kong.
- How the Maldives and an all-inclusive in the desert outside Dubai with flights in first class can be one of the very most affordable vacations.
- Your SPG Dashboard should offer 1000 Starwood Starpoints for referring a friend who stays within 60 days. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- How a CBSNews.com piece about airlines making changes to their frequent flyer programs became as much about how Delta sticks it to their members
- The CEO of Booking.com is annoyed at Hilton over their campaign to ‘stop clicking around’.
- A fight broke out on Spirit Airlines over two women blasting their boom box on a flight from Baltimore to Los Angeles (the flight I’ve called the worst, most uncomfortable, in America).
Spirit Airlines spokesman Paul Berry said several other customers asked the women to turn down the music, but the women refused. Instead, the women posed a challenging question: “What are you going to do?”
“Then to provoke the other customer they were holding up their boom box in the air, waving it around,” Berry said.
That’s when a second group of passengers approached the two women and a fight started, he said.