I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 free Etihad or airberlin miles
- American Express limits you to one lifetime bonus per card type. It’s easy to forget whether you might have had a card a decade ago. Rene’s Points suggests logging into American Express, choosing help, and then live chat and simply asking for a list of cards you’ve had before.
- Air India operated an all-female crew Delhi – San Francisco for International Women’s Day. They also performed 20 all-female domestic flights.
- I’ve written before how to override your hotel room’s thermostat to adjust the temperature to your liking and keep the a/c on when you leave the room. Instructions were for the common Inncomm thermostats found in many hotels. Australian Business Traveller carries instructions for Trane and Lonix thermostats as well.
- The United flight attendants who were fired after refusing to fly to Hong Kong when the words “bye bye” and two faces were discovered painted in oil on the aircraft have been reinstated.
- Delta tells investors the real reason they cancelled Atlanta – Dubai (.pdf) Note the words missing from the presentation. (HT: Demetrius)
- A couple of years ago I grabbed a 40,000 mile signup bonus for a US Bank Korean Air Visa. It seems that most people who have Korean Air Skypass accounts already open are eventually targeted for this. Now they’re sending out 45,000 mile signup bonus offers for the small business version of the card.
But if you don’t want to wait for a targeted offer through April 30 there’s a 30,000 mile signup offer for the personal card. I view this as almost being like 30,000 Chase points, since Korean is one of my favorite places to transfer.
And it’s from US Bank. Other than FlexPerks and Club Carlson (which isn’t as good as it used to be) they don’t have a ton of great products.