News and notes from around the interweb:
- “Five per cent of the global caviar production goes to Lufthansa first class”
- Qatar flies its Airbus A380 – its only aircraft with a first class cabin – on medium-haul routes from Doha to Europe and Bangkok. So it’s a big deal that they’ll introduce it seasonally to Sydney from June.
- I found this amusing.. Senator Schumer’s office reached out to me to see whether I would write about his proposal to regulate airline legroom and seat width. (“We’ve gotten an incredible reaction from people after this and a few mentioned to us that you might be interested in writing on it for View from the Wing.”) I realize I’m probably just on a media list..
- Not sure how I missed that American is going to move its Chicago O’Hare Flagship lounge to the space above the main Admirals Club there. (HT: Traveling Better)
- Southwest Airlines has changed coffee brands to Community Coffee. It ain’t illy, which is now in United Clubs and will soon be on United flights. Delta serves Starbucks. Now we need American Airlines to care about its coffee.
- These are the top 5 presidential candidates receiving airline industry PAC donations.
- Brazil has raised the limit on foreign ownership of airlines from 20% to 49%.