News and notes from around the interweb:
- Lost Luggage: How To Avoid It and What To Do If It Happens. I’ve always liked the suggestion of checking a gun, myself…
- Alaska Airlines Visa signup bonus will increase to 30,000 in May
- Republic (which also owns Shuttle America) and operates as United Express, American Eagle, and Delta Connection has filed for bankruptcy protection. They have a bunch of 50 seat regional jets parked, and a bunch of 50 seat regional jets they no longer want to fly for Delta, so a bankruptcy court could help them abrogate those contracts. They’ve had long-running pilot shortage problems though are now paying pilots more and that’s helped.
- The Saturday Night Live MasterCard by
First CityWide Bank of ChangeComenity Bank will be discontinued.
- A British Airways plane has been taken out of service due to bed bugs. Not to worry, it was in row 47 (economy) and given BA fuel surcharges economy redemptions on British Airways long haul flights make little to no sense. So I’m confident no View from the Wing reader got bitten.
- British Airways revamps short haul fare structure
- A walk through of the new connector between LAX terminal 4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal.