News and notes from around the interweb:
- Best hotel rewards programs – in an infographic
- Very good to know especially as American’s March 22 award chart changes near: Citibank will expedite posting of miles earned via credit card spend (2-3 day processing) for a $35 fee
- Qantas is launching free internet on Australian domestic flights
- I really hope this is true. (HT: Reid F.)
- Despite American Airlines making a big play for Los Angeles, Emirates is the new official airline of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Is it bad that I find this sort of delicious? Of course, American’s predecessor carriers US Airways and American West both received federal subsidies from the Air Transportation Stabilization Board, the government’s Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation assumed billions in US Airways pension obliggations during bankrupty, and the very first large American Airlines aircraft order was backed the by the federal Reconstruction Finance Corporation. So their complaints about Gulf carrier subsidies already rang hollow.
- New Yorker: “The Madness of Airline Élite Status”
- Take an old airline beverage cart you can buy online and turn it into a portable space-saving storage cart for some.. oft-used supplies” (HT: Paul H.)