I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card cardholders can refer friends to the card and earn 10,000 points for successful applications. The card offers 50,000 points after $4000 spend within the first 3 months of cardmembership and is my favorite card overall. (HT: Frequent Miler)
- Daily giveaway of 10-use Gogo inflight internet passes
- Does booking hotel + airfare together actually save money?
- Bob Crandall takes on the New York Times over spinning off air traffic control from the FAA
- The Chairman of Star Alliance member EVA Air is in a fight for his company. It seems his late father had more than one wife. He was the son of the second wife, but named in his father’s will to become Chairman of the full industrial conglomerate. But children of the first wife own majority control and will have none of that.
- “Africa is ripe for air travel. A pity its governments are holding it back” (HT: Marginal Revolution)
Flying on a passenger jet in Africa is now about as safe as it would have been to board a European or American one about two decades ago. And the best African airlines are almost as safe as their global counterparts, says the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- The people behind SWISS. Very cool. (HT: Ramsey Qubein)